November 8, 2013

Our Platinum Day of Love



“Marriages are made in heaven but love happens on earth”. I have always been a very romantic person right from my teenage days, but I never expressed that to anyone. I used to read romantic novels, watch romantic movies and imagine myself as the protagonist in them, but whenever someone asked about my views on love my answer was always same “it’s waste of time”. In school I always left the “my views on Love section”  in slam books empty, or wrote that Loving my parents is love for me. In college I was busy shooing away the guys who proposed me because I was more conscious about retaining my “Love is waste of time” image than falling in love.  And then when I celebrated the silver jubilee of my existence in this world, my parents got a panic attack. They wanted me to get married. In spite of being from a conservative Brahmin family they allowed me to have a say in selecting my life partner.  I never knew what I want in my life partner but I exactly knew what I don’t want in him.

After marriage my life changed in many ways, as happens with every Indian girl. I was still getting adjusted to my new lifestyle when I got chance to travel abroad for work. I was supposed to travel just after 2 month of my wedding and the trip was for 3 months. People around me including some of my close friends were against my decision of accepting the travel opportunity. They felt that this is the most important period of my relationship and I should give it more preference than anything else. On the other hand my husband was always very supportive, he was happy for me. In spite of me asking him again and again about his opinion on my travel his answer remained same. He said it’s a great opportunity and I should not let it go. I was very excited about going to the USA, and was counting days. Finally the day came and I was all set to fly with 2 bulging suitcases.

My husband came with me to the airport, he was busy instructing me to take care of all important documents and other things and I busy telling him to go back home, as next day being a working day not sleeping full-night will take a toll on his health. Finally the check in started and it was time for us to say adieu. We hugged each other and at that point of time I felt very different. I felt as if I have so much to say to him but have no words to express. All this while I was checking time to go in but now I wanted some more time to be with him. I felt heavy but he kept a calm face, I was able to see care, concern and lots of love in his eyes. He smiled and asked me to leave as it was time. I slowly moved my trolley and went inside. All through the time I was standing in the baggage check in queue, my husband stood outside and we were able to see each other.  

After that for next round of formalities I was supposed to go to the next floor, I took the escalator and as I was moving up I just realized that this is the last time I am getting to see my husband in person. After this I will only meet him after 3 long months. I immediately took the escalator down and I found him still standing at the same place, he was looking straight at me. That was an amazing feeling, I was sad yet happy, I wanted to cry at the same time I wanted to shout and let him know what I feel for him. I called on his mobile phone, as we were on different sides of the glass wall. He gestured why after seeing my name flashing on his phone and I gestured him to pickup my call. As he picked up I said those three magical words to him and he repeated them for me too. It was not the first time that we said “I love you” to each other, but it was very deep this time. I gave him a flying kiss and he catched it in the most filmy way I ever imagined him doing.  I blushed and felt like some heroine in some romantic Bollywood movie. I was smiling but had tears in my eyes. That day we were far from each other still felt very close. That was our platinum day of love, the day when we knew that this love is going to last us forever and will never ever fade, just like the platinum.


After reaching the USA, there was not a single day when I did not miss him. He has been very supportive and caring throughout. He never complained about me being away and always kept my moral high too. That was the period we came to know each other even better than before.  That was the time I wrote love letters for the first time in my life, My husband used to laugh at me for doing all this but he preserved all those letters and cards I sent to him. And finally when I came back to India, he was already there to receive me at the airport. When I saw him there, I just left my luggage and ran to him like a child. He gave me a tight hug and said welcome back while taking out a rose from his jacket. I took the rose and held his hand very tight, as if I don't want to leave it ever. I felt very content, because I knew that this love will last forever and ever. And that made me believe that “Marriages are made in heaven but love always happens on earth”. ;)

29 comments:

Mahathi Ramya said...

nice one Swetha straight from heart i suppose :) all the best for the contest

Reshma said...

Love sure happens on earth:) loved your narration Sweeta:)

R-A-J said...

Wow, beautiful one Sweta... sometimes its the partings that helps one realize whom u don't wanna be apart from :)

Sweta said...

Thanks Mahati :)

Sweta said...

Thanks Reshma ... how u doing?

Sweta said...

Thanks Aditi and RAJ :)

Someone is Special said...

Congrats on the win Sweta!!! Happy for you!!!

Sweta said...

Hey SIS, Thanks a lot :)

ThousandOceansInside said...

Beautiful!! Well deserved!! Congratulations!!

Rachna said...

Wow, hearty congratulations, Sweta! Spectacular win!

Bushra said...

Congrats dear :)

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

Simply loved this... a true winner. :D

Prajish said...

Loved it. Awesome writing :)

Sachin said...

very very congratulations :)

Sweta said...

Thanks you Dipti, Rachna,Bursha,Roshan,Prajish and Sachin... :)
Happy that you guys like it !

Manjulika Pramod said...

Wow!! Straight from the heart story... lovely!!
Congratulations!!!

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

There is always something in a heartfelt story, there is always something beautiful in a real life story, something that sets it apart from the rest of the ensemble. This, I think (which is ridiculous, because I must not think what has been announced by the judges), is the best, and down to earth story in this competition.
Hearty congratulations on winning!

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Sweta said...

thanks Mnjulika and Blasphemous :)

Shaivi said...

That was so romantic! Congrats gal!

Esha said...

Congrats on winning the first prize, this was indeed very touching.

Rajlakshmi said...

aww this is so so beautiful :D congratulations on the win... well deserved

Sherna Jay said...

Initially I was quite sceptical of why this post won, As the idea is same as the ad,
But by the time I reached the end,
I lost the count of my tears :)
Congrats Sweta ^_^
Not just for the platinum but also for the lovely life.
All the very best :)
Meow

Sweta said...

thanks Shaivi, Esha, Rajlakshmi and Jay :)

Reshma said...

Congratulations Sweta :) Am doing good, enjoying the winter minus the snow.

Sweta said...

Thanks Reshma :)
show.... I love to see it

Uday Mishra said...

arrr wah very nice an romantic story :) is it real and how much % masala addition to make it tasty ;)

Congrats for winning the competition ...

jahid said...

Very well written and congrats for winning such a lovely award :)

Namrata Mahalingam said...

That's a very beautiful story! Congratulations :) A well deserved win :)

Manjula said...

Hearty Congrats!

Post a Comment

If you know what a comment is worth to a blogger, do not spend the rest of your life in guilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails