October 11, 2010

Time Travel tag

This Tag/idea came to me from Preeti, it is originally written by Emily Barton from telcommuter talk.


1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have travelled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one "date" with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.


Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you?

It is Oct 2000. I went 10 years back, because 15 years back I was too young for this date. :)

My younger self studies in 10th std in a girls only school in Jamshedpur. They have a gang of 9 girls and they enjoy their last year in school to the fullest. This year only my younger self attended the NCC republic day camp, and received best cadet award there. She enjoyed all the fame and attention after returning to her home town Jamshedpur, when many newspapers took her interview.

Last week only her gang won a bet for 100rs from one classmate and they did an ice cream party with that money in the nearby restaurant and then ran back to school, because they saw their class teacher entering the same restaurant.


1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?

Yes she would recognize me. However at first place she will be very much surprised to see me. She has been very skinny all through the years and she used to believe that she will never grow by an inch also, no matter how much ever sweets and chocolates she eats. Call it an effect of movies or anything else, she used to believe that once she grow older than 20 she will look entirely different (read it extremely gorgeous), as we see in movies, kid Madhuri Dixit and young Madhuri Dixit never look same. :P


2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?

Yes she will be. As she always wanted to become a doctor. She will be surprised to see me working in engineering domain.


3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?

Don’t wear those high heels and feel uncomfortable while walking. You have good height so wear the comfortable flats. And stop putting so much of oil in your hair, it looks sticky.


4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?

What percentage she will get in her 10th board exam.


5. How would you answer YYS's question?

Stop worrying about the marks and percentage because in coming years of your life you will be judged by your work and not by your marks in these exams.


6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?

I would tell her to stop worrying for small-small issues. There is no point crying for hours when she comes 4th in her class. In her coming life these things won’t be important for her. And when mom scolds her for her clumsiness, she should not get angry on mom, as mom is correcting her and helping her become better in life.


7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?

I would never tell her how painful is threading and waxing. ;)


8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?

YSS will be most surprised to know that now I am not scared of sleeping alone, because she used to sleep with her parents always. She will be surprised to here that now I am not that much scared of cockroaches as she is.


9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?

That I am still in contact with my school friends and I am still in love with sweets and chocolates so much that I can eat full packet of sweets and can skip my meal.


10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?

Of course. She would love to become more confident and smart person as I am now. :)


I enjoyed doing this tag and now I tag Nasia, Aneesh, Shilpa, Hemal, Sourav.
if anyone else liked this tag, consider yourself tagged by me and leave a comment, I would love to read that :)


19 comments:

Nasia said...

Awe.. freaking sum!! topic..
Thank you for tagging me!!!

Nasia said...

Awe.freaking sum post!
Thanks for tagging me!!!

Shilpa Garg said...

So you have changed over the years!! It's true that when patterns are broken, new worlds emerge. :)
Cool tag.
Thanks for tagging...will take it up!
Cheers :)

S said...

This is interesting Sweta!

We were so worried about the marks/percentage 10 years back, and I haven't seen a 10 year old picture of you, so you have to tell me if that Madhuri Dixit (aka aging affect) has turned you more gorgeous or not? :p

Excellent and innovative tag, will take it up soon :)

ucant-seeme said...

Well, thats a real lovely thing to do. Nice idea actually :-)

Sweta said...

@Nasia: True its really interesting, so only I tagged you :)

@Shilpa: We all change over years. And while writing this Tag I really went back in time and analysed how different I am now. :)


@Sourav: sure take it soon... and its true, we look better in 20's then in teenage ;)

@ucantseeme: yes right :)

Manish Verma said...

Thats nice topic sweta.... its so wonderful to live past days again...

BTW nice DP

Thousif Raza said...

cute.. cute ..cute :)... nice tag yaar :)


take care and keep writing.............

Obsessivemom said...

Great tag Sweta.. loved reading yours.. congrats for the best cadet award :-). I've taken it up too. Here it is http://obsessivemom.blogspot.com/2010/10/time-travel-tag.html

MuddassirShah said...

Nauseated :)

Hitesh Rawat said...

you aren't afraid of roaches ..... OMG.... you are my HERO.......

Rajlakshmi said...

ahaaa wonderful tag :D may be i should also try :D

Sweta said...

@Mag: yes, childhood is special always.

@Thousif: Thanks :)

@Obssesivemom: I read your answers. Nice :)

@Mudashir: Thanks :)

@hitesh: Begon hai tho cockroach se kya darna ;)

@Rajlakshmi: sure take it :) and let me know once u publish, I would love to read :)

Mohan said...

yea.. yea... eat all the chocolates and sweets and then hit the gym to burn those extra calories... Lifu ishtene!

Unknown said...

haha. .really nice.. coolest tag , ive ever come across..

loved ur last answer.. :)

DISGRUNTLED GENIUS said...

Nice post Sweta... Infact your post reminded me of an artcl i read yesterday where this 25 yr old guy wrote a 'futuristic' letter to himself..wen hes 60 yrs old.

My personal favourite is the 10th ques.. guess its so true for all of us .... :)

MangoMan said...

Interesting! Amusing!

you're from jamshedpur! never knew that! sacred heart???

Aashish Sood said...

hmm... interesting thought... perhaps I will try it out as well... and an interesting detailing BTW!

Rinaya said...

hey thats a really great idea.. Time travel in reverse.. I'd like to try it too :)

Post a Comment

If you know what a comment is worth to a blogger, do not spend the rest of your life in guilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails