August 18, 2010

Email ( Part III )

Before reading this post author requests you to read part-I and part-II of this story. That will help you enjoy the story better.

 
11th August 2008

He had a hectic day in office and did not get much of time to chat with Shakshi. Night he was eating dinner when she called him.

He: Hey, I am so sorry dear. I was totally packed in office today. So how was your day?

Shakshi: Well, I am in the cab right now, going to the airport.

He: Airport? Where are you going? Are you going on some business trip?

Shakshi: I am going home (Dehradun). There is some urgency, my mom is not well. She wants me to be with her now. I will be back in five days.

He: Oh ok. Don’t worry everything will be alright. By the way you will be back by your Birthday?

Shakshi: Yes I will be. 

She was silent for few seconds and then continued. 

I won’t be available on my cell phone dear….. my family is little conservative, they won’t like me talking to a guy. I believe you understand my problem.

He somehow uttered a yes from his mouth. He was sad that for next few days he won’t be able to talk to her, but consoled himself by thinking about their meeting in person on the other side of the week. 




16th August 2008

He was all set to fly to Bangalore to meet his dream girl and confess his feelings. He got the ring he ordered for Shakshi and packed it in a beautiful heart shape box. As promised, he never called Shakshi in last five days. He was happy that next morning he will be able to see her beautiful face, as she was also coming back on the same day. 

                                                *********************************

17th August 2008

He reached Bangalore and as decided went to stay with his college friends. His friends were making plans to visit some pub that night and party, but he had some other plans. He waited for the birthday girl’s (Shakshi) call till afternoon and finally called her roommate Geeta. He explained Geeta about his motive behind this surprise visit and asked about Shakshi. And then what he heard from Geeta shattered his dreams. He was heartbroken to know that Shakshi won’t be coming back ever as she is getting married in next two days. He was betrayed but he cannot blame Shakshi because she was completely unaware of his feelings. 


21st August 2008  
                             
He was back to Mumbai but had not recovered from the grief yet. He didn’t even go to office from the time he came back from Bangalore. His roommates were trying hard to cheer him up but such pain comes from within and gets cured with time only. He was sitting alone near the window, gazing at the sky. He was trying to forget everything but all the good time spent with Shakshi was coming back to his mind again and again. He closed his eyes and a drop of tear rolled down his cheek. “She did not cheat me. It was me who dreamed about her. Three days passed, she must be married by now. May be we were not destined to be together. I should be happy for her and move ahead in life.” He consoled himself. The urge of getting over this chapter of life was strong this time. He made up his mind and stood from there.

Came back with a cup of coffee and sat to check his emails, its long time he didn’t check them. Inbox was flooded with emails. He gave a quick glance to find any important email, when his eyes stuck on Shakshi’s email. This was written on 16th August 2008 at 9:34 pm (the night before her birthday). He wished he could have read it on same day, and then life would have been different.


Hi Dear,

Long time right… I hope you doing good there. But I am surrounded with many problems. You know that my father passed away long back and my mom was not keeping well in recent days, which is why they called me home. Mom is recovering now, but she wants to see my marriage before she dies. My brother has selected a guy for me; he has a big business here. Everyone is happy for my marriage except me. Because I like someone else, I like you. I know this is not the right way but I have no other choice. I am not sure, but I felt it many times that you too have same feelings for me. I am missing you badly. I miss your sweet goodnight messages, our stupid fights on movie reviews, your sweet voice, I miss everything about you. And this feeling only motivated me to write this email.

I can’t call you as I am always surrounded by relatives and my mobile phone is not with me. Somehow I am writing this email to you. I am not forcing you, but if you too feel the same for me. I am ready to leave all this and live rest of my life with you.

If you love me too then do reply for this email as soon as possible. But if you do not have such feelings for me then just don’t reply. I will understand and move forward with whatever life offers me and won’t trouble you in future ever.

Yours,
Shakshi


21 comments:

Uday Mishra said...

missing you badly. I miss your sweet goodnight messages, our stupid
fights on movie reviews, your sweet voice, I miss everything about you....

So touchy feely ... very nice so ... now what ....??? its finished or yet to come ... very imaginative but true to reality though ...

Sweta said...

@Uday: It is over..... and thanks for your kind words :)

DISGRUNTLED GENIUS said...

Amazin story .... touches ur heart brilliantly... been trackin it since part 1 ... dont want it to end though :)

Sweta said...

Thanks alot Mayank.... :)

OP said...

Good one !!! like the way u dealt with last part...

UB said...

That was nice...wish it didn't end..well written :)

miltan said...

It ended in a tragedy :-( I was hoping for a Happy wala ending like bollywood movies....
Nice!!! story...

Sweta said...

@OP: Thanks OP ji :)

@UB: Thanks UB :)

@Miltan: I will try one Happy ending wala story next time.... :)

Basu said...

you could have make the end part a little happier...but nevertheless this was very close to real life...good one.

Nasia said...

since you have left the ending to the reader's discretion, this is what i conclude, guy read the mail, went to her place, convinced her parents, married her and lived happily ever after

Nasia said...

Also Tragedy is soooo last season! :)

Sweta said...

@Basu: End is left open.... can be happy can be sad :)

@Nasia: Nice conclusion. Happysss endings.... In SRK's style.."Agar aakhir me sab kuch thik na ho jae tho picture abhi baki hai mere dost ;)"

Reshma said...

Nice ending :)this just goes on to show how too much of planning for a surprise may end up with life surprising U...
And as many ppl have requested, how abt a happy ending next time around??

Deepak said...

Good one.........really touching one....:) :)

Sweta said...

Thanks for your motivation Reshma and Deepak :)

jyoti.. said...

nice story ..
moral :- check ur MAIL, daily !!

Sweta said...

@Jyoti: he he he :)
good one!

CraZyFUNDU said...

awesome work sweta..lucid sentences, smooth flow of story, brilliant expression of feelings..i njyoyed..
i think its co incidence dat i too have ritten my post in same 3 parts..but its my personal experience..have a glance sometime..
Avneesh Sharma

Sweta said...

@CraZyFUNDU:Thanks :) I will surely read that ...

Unknown said...

oh! god.. I realized the ending.. same thing happened.. Good story..

Keep it up..

Unknown said...

Nice story...Is there a part - IV of it?

Post a Comment

If you know what a comment is worth to a blogger, do not spend the rest of your life in guilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails